Holy Trinity Classical Christian School’s youngest students, our 2’s, develop fine motor skills through building and drawing, and strengthening one’s grasp through arts and crafts. Cognitive skills are refined through the introduction to number recognition and letters & sounds. Two’s also partake in music and physical education weekly as taught by the grammar school teachers who come to the preschool campus.
Two year-olds who attend Holy Trinity Classical Christian School begin Bible verse recitation through scripture, learn about a new Bible story each week, and recite the children’s creed:
I believe in God above.
I believe in Jesus’ love.
I believe he died for me so I can live eternally.
And I believe his spirit too comes to show me what to do.
And I believe he wants me to be as kind and loving as He.
Holy Trinity’s littlest angels delight in learning what worship is while making friends and following a healthy & happy school routine.
- Phonetic Awareness
- Letter Sounds
- Word Recognition
- Reciting the Alphabet
- Hands-on projects
4 year-olds (Pre-K)
- Instructions are given to the class as a whole, and students then work individually on the assignment simultaneously.
- Several workbooks are incorporated for pre-k students to practice proper formation of letters and numbers as part of instilling strong Penmanship early on.
- Just like older students in the grammar school, Pre-K students retrieve and put away their books, taking out their folders daily.
- Sight words and word families are introduced in the spring semester.
- Pre-K students at Holy Trinity Classical Christian School partake in weekly music and physical education classes taught by grammar school teachers who visit the preschool campus.
- Students attend chapel weekly, in addition to increased scripture recitations.